Politics Canada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Politics Canada

April, 2011

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oaths of Office

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Oaths of Office Empty
PostSubject: Oaths of Office   Oaths of Office EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 12:35 pm

The Swearing-in of Members of Parliament

Before a duly elected Member may take his or her seat and vote in the House of Commons, the Member must take an oath of allegiance to the Sovereign. When a Member swears allegiance to the Queen as Sovereign of Canada, he or she is also swearing allegiance to the institutions the Queen represents, including the concept of democracy and the democratic institution of Parliament. The obligation for Members to take the oath is found in the British North America Act, 1867.

Taking the oath or the affirmation

Quote :
Quote:
I, __________, do swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors.

So help me God

The Oath of the Members of the Privy Council

Members of the Privy Council must take an additional oath. It is as follows:

Quote :
I, __________, do solemnly and sincerely swear that I shall be a true and faithful servant to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, as a member of Her Majesty's Privy Council for Canada. I will in all things to be treated, debated and resolved in Privy Council, faithfully, honestly and truly declare my mind and my opinion. I shall keep secret all matters committed and revealed to me in this capacity, or that shall be secretly treated of in Council. Generally, in all things I shall do as a faithful and true servant ought to do for Her Majesty.

So help me God
Back to top Go down
https://politicscanada.forumotion.com
Justin Walker (Lib)
Liberal
Liberal
Justin Walker (Lib)

Oaths of Office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oaths of Office   Oaths of Office EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 8:46 pm

, Justin Walker, do swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors.

So help me God.

I, Justin Walker, do solemnly and sincerely swear that I shall be a true and faithful servant to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, as a member of Her Majesty's Privy Council for Canada. I will in all things to be treated, debated and resolved in Privy Council, faithfully, honestly and truly declare my mind and my opinion. I shall keep secret all matters committed and revealed to me in this capacity, or that shall be secretly treated of in Council. Generally, in all things I shall do as a faithful and true servant ought to do for Her Majesty.

So help me God.
Back to top Go down
Todd Freemen (PC)
PC
PC
Todd Freemen (PC)

Oaths of Office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oaths of Office   Oaths of Office EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 4:09 pm

I, Todd Freemen , do swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors.

So help me God.
Back to top Go down
Justin Walker (Lib)
Liberal
Liberal
Justin Walker (Lib)

Oaths of Office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oaths of Office   Oaths of Office EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:30 pm

I, Justin Walker, do swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors.

So help me God.

I, Justin Walker, do solemnly and sincerely swear that I shall be a true and faithful servant to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, as a member of Her Majesty's Privy Council for Canada. I will in all things to be treated, debated and resolved in Privy Council, faithfully, honestly and truly declare my mind and my opinion. I shall keep secret all matters committed and revealed to me in this capacity, or that shall be secretly treated of in Council. Generally, in all things I shall do as a faithful and true servant ought to do for Her Majesty.

So help me God.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oaths of Office Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oaths of Office   Oaths of Office Empty

Back to top Go down

Oaths of Office
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Politics Canada :: Parliament Hill :: Speaker's Chair-
Jump to: