Politics Canada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Politics Canada

April, 2011

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

M-1 A motion to abolish the senate.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Debbie Roddy (NDP)
NDP
NDP
Debbie Roddy (NDP)

M-1 A motion to abolish the senate. Empty
PostSubject: M-1 A motion to abolish the senate.   M-1 A motion to abolish the senate. EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 5:53 pm

A motion that this Parliament abolish the senate, and remove all of the unelected members from that camber.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: M-1 A motion to abolish the senate.   M-1 A motion to abolish the senate. EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:26 pm

debate may start
Back to top Go down
https://politicscanada.forumotion.com
Debbie Roddy (NDP)
NDP
NDP
Debbie Roddy (NDP)

PostSubject: Re: M-1 A motion to abolish the senate.   M-1 A motion to abolish the senate. EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 11:24 pm

Mr. Speaker,
I would like to raise in support of this motion I fell that the government should bring up the issue of senate reform and abolish the senate, and we hope the other parties can support us on this issue.
Back to top Go down
Todd Freemen (PC)
PC
PC
Todd Freemen (PC)

PostSubject: Re: M-1 A motion to abolish the senate.   M-1 A motion to abolish the senate. EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 11:41 pm

Mr. Speaker,
This is crazy ! the member must know that the only way to abolish the senate is to change the constitution and I don not feel that we need to go do that road !

But I do agree that reform must happen and the Conservative party believes that that reform is to elect the senate and have 2 senators for each province and 1 of each territory.
Back to top Go down
Justin Walker (Lib)
Liberal
Liberal
Justin Walker (Lib)

PostSubject: Re: M-1 A motion to abolish the senate.   M-1 A motion to abolish the senate. EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 11:46 pm

Mr. Speaker,
We do agree that change must come to the senate,but I must say that we can not support abolishing the Upper House.

But we do feel that we can all agree that change needs to come, and we believe that this change is to elect members to the chamber and I see me and the leader of the opposition can agree on that, but we see differently on the number of representation as we feel that the number of senators should be on population not just 2 or 1.
Back to top Go down
Todd Freemen (PC)
PC
PC
Todd Freemen (PC)

PostSubject: Re: M-1 A motion to abolish the senate.   M-1 A motion to abolish the senate. EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 11:50 pm

Mr.Speaker,
The Prime Minister says that he agrees with us with the exception on seat allocation, well we would be happy to negotiate to come up with a deal that works for all !
Back to top Go down
Debbie Roddy (NDP)
NDP
NDP
Debbie Roddy (NDP)

PostSubject: Re: M-1 A motion to abolish the senate.   M-1 A motion to abolish the senate. EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:22 pm

I move that this motion be voted on !
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: M-1 A motion to abolish the senate.   M-1 A motion to abolish the senate. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 2:42 am

Please Vote Yea or Nay
Back to top Go down
https://politicscanada.forumotion.com
Debbie Roddy (NDP)
NDP
NDP
Debbie Roddy (NDP)

PostSubject: Re: M-1 A motion to abolish the senate.   M-1 A motion to abolish the senate. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 2:44 am

YEA
Back to top Go down
Justin Walker (Lib)
Liberal
Liberal
Justin Walker (Lib)

PostSubject: Re: M-1 A motion to abolish the senate.   M-1 A motion to abolish the senate. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 2:53 am

Nay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M-1 A motion to abolish the senate.   M-1 A motion to abolish the senate. Empty

Back to top Go down

M-1 A motion to abolish the senate.
Page 1 of 1